Thursday, November 01, 2007

VIP Visit

Well, today was a slow day and it was welcomed with open arms!!! One really cool thing is that we had a VIP visitor after my shift was over. I stayed a little late just to be there. Former President George HW Bush and Mrs Bush came to tour the control center and talked with the crew. They came by our ISS control room and I shook his hand as he walked by to talk with my Flight Director, Derek Hassmann. As they came back through, Barbara asked when I was due and I told them one week to their surprise. Center Director Mike Coats asked if I was having a boy or girl and asked about the name. I told them I wasn't telling anyone, that was a little silly....:) I guess I got a little flustered! They joked that surely I would tell the president and then joked about naming the baby George. George Bush asked me what my last name was and decided that George HW Green sounded like a great name!!! I may have to take him up on that!! Pictures are to come!!

3 comments:

Jena said...

Wow, pretty sweet. The baby is already famous!

. said...

You should have said his name is Ron Paul Green LOL

John Rumbold said...

We need to have an intervention with Andy and get him de-programmed. On the other hand, at least he is passionate about something - the wrong thing, but some thing.