Friday, April 06, 2007

Busy Week!

Man, I sure am glad it's Friday. Both Melissa and I had long hard weeks at work. Melissa was working on the week-long Flight Operations Review (FOR) meeting for her lead ISS mission, flight 10A. I was working on teaching 2 classes, certifying to teach in a new one and prepare for two simulations that I had to run today back to back! I worked 6-6 today. Melissa took off work today to be with Luke because his daycare was closed for good Friday. While we do appreciate the significance of Good Friday and said our prayers accordingly, most businesses do not give their employees this day off anymore, so why a daycare would be closed is beyond me...

Last weekend we did take the weekend and went camping in the camper. We went to Goliad State Park about 3 hours south of Houston. The campground was nice, but the whole park was smaller than most of the SPs we've been to in Texas and there wasn't as much to do. Oh well, a day spent camping is better than one at work or just sitting at home! Here's some pics.


L: Campsite R: Sydney chilling by the Durango


L: Our campsite after the 4 hours of rain Friday night/Sat morning. No worries, Saturday dried up and was sunny and nice and the water receded. R: Melissa getting some quick work done before her Monday meeting


L: There's spy's trying to get into the mission! C: Melissa and Luke playing Candyland! R: Melissa and Luke in front of the Mission Espiritu Santo which is on the grounds of the SP


Melissa and Sydney at Fannon Monument. Colonel Fannon and 400 of his men were massacred here by the Mexican army just after the battle at the Alamo


Family pictures at the gate

2 comments:

John Rumbold said...

A computer on a campling trip? What's that all about? Humm, maybe I'll take mine on my hike tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hey that was pretty funny!