Monday, September 18, 2006

Green House 3.0 Update!

After waiting almost two months, Green House 3.0 has begun construction. Today they intalled the forms for the foundation. You can really get a sense of how the house will sit on the lot now. Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest in the world, but as you can see, it was just sunset when I took them - R


Facing where the driveway and garage will be


From the "back yard" facing towards the front. That's Luke waving from the Durango.


From the rear again, but looking more towards where the kitchen will be. Cool!

10 comments:

Joshua said...

I remember when all this, far as the eye could see, was nothing but pasture & farm land.....

Jena said...

And thus soon the entire U.S. will be an urbanized land of cement.

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

Go hug a tree!

Joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joshua said...

Maybe you should rob!!

Jena said...

These are the kind of reports I'm working on constantly...because of a high rate of urbanization in blah blah, CA or blah blah, NV, (enter any city really) the rate of ground water pumping has increased, land is subsiding, sediments carried away from paved/impervious surfaces is deposited in streams/lakes, which reduces the clarity, increases contaminant concentrations, fish die, we have to pay more to purify it to drink the water, and the guy down stream/gradient gets even crappier water. More people=more water demands, although almost all surface water supplies in the country are already allocated and we are pumping ground water faster than it recharges, and artifical recharge has some real drawbacks. Granted this is a bigger problem out west than it is where you get a crap-load of precip.

Ok, that was a piece of my soapbox...really, I'm happy you're getting a new house!

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

well, I think the first step to solving this problem is to head to the US boarders and stop the illegals from coming in and drinking our water. I think that alone would solve the problem!

-M

Anonymous said...

...and they are eating all our food!

Jena said...

I don't disagree with that. It's hard enough to deal with the people we already have!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, more sprawl and less impervious surface....