Ok, I, Rob, have been pretty lazy about posting lately, that's not a secret. I figured since Melissa is posting information about her flight I'd post some pictures about my recent work trip to the Kennedy Space Center. The training team I'm working with for my next lead mission, STS-123 - 1J/A went down to KSC to view the hardware that's flying on our mission and also got some sweet tours of some other facilities while we were there. We got to go into the Orbiter Processing Facility (OPF) and see Space Shuttle Endeavour up close and personal. The day after that we got a chance to go into the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB). Finally, we didn't get a close up tour, but a decent view of Discovery on the launch pad just before she lifted off for Melissa's mission which is still on-going. Check out the pics and read the comments for extra info!
5 comments:
Wait, you were inside the space shuttle endeavour? Awsome pics!
Yeah, it was really cool!
I've been inside of space shuttle endeavor while it's in space!
Wow, Mr. Astronaut, too bad you can't spell the name of the Shuttle you flew on!
My bones are pretty weak from my extensive space flight. I thought I pressed the "u" key but must not have.
Post a Comment