Lots of things are going on this week. At work Melissa is doing her final preparations for being a fully certified ISS flight controller. I'm doing a bunch of paperwork follow up from Friday's sim along with leading some meetings on getting our new folks through the certification flow. On the home front, we're headed off to
Rusk State Park this weekend. Actually we're leaving Thursday afternoon to spend a long weekend there, so there's lots to get ready before we leave. Saturday while there, we're actually taking a ride on a real steam engine! The
Texas State Railroad State Park is co-located with Rusk State Park. Luke should really enjoy the ride and the scenery should be beautiful. Preparations for the trip include a stop by the camper store for some supplies (outdoor floor mat for outside the camper, a portable gray water storage tank, and slide on towing mirrors for the Durango), grocery shopping, and firewood chopping. We'll probably try to have everything ready to go as much as possible on Wednesday evening for an easy Thursday launch.
3 comments:
Oh Luke will love that steam train!
It makes me laugh everytime I think about him at Northlandz- a wow at every corner !!
I wanna come!
I just need to be patient...just over 3 more weeks.
Holy cow, yeah! 3 weeks from tomorrow you guys will be here. Cool!
Post a Comment