I was able to get off work earlier on Saturday. Have you heard about the politcal demonstrations in Moscow this past weekend? The local authorities weren't too happy about it and they tried to set up road blocks to prevent the mass amounts of people who were coming in on buses trying to get to Red Square to protest and march for their politcal views. It took 2.5 hours to get back to the hotel (normally it takes 30 min) so I didn't make it out because I was frustrated and tired from the drive. I was finally able to get off work Sunday a little early (really it's not early, just a normal work day instead of a 14 hour work day). I went down to Red Square just as it was getting dark around 5pm.
Left: Me in front of St Basil's, Right: St Basil's and the GUM (pronounced "goom")

Left: State Historical building and entrance to Red Square, Right: outer Kremlin wall
Left: Kremlin Clock Tower, Right: Red Square (with an ice rink in the middle) It started getting really really cold and there were flurries as we were leaving. I sure do love going there, it's such an awesome sight to see and you can't help but think of all the history walking on the same stone that Moscovites walked on for centuries. I hope next time I get here my family will be with me. This is one of the most impressive places I have ever been.
2 comments:
Where you trying to voice your political view? Did you drive to red square?? I've only taken the Metro...
They were driving in buses from outside the city and the traffic problem was on the van going back tot he Volga from TsUP. I don't have enough basis to go either way with my politcal views on Moscow government....
Post a Comment