Today Luke and I tried to stay quiet and out of the house as much as possible as Melissa was sleeping. Melissa is working the 8pm - 5am shift during the shuttle mission going on right now. Today I installed the hurricane shutter hardware for 5 of our 17 windows. If you saw Josh's post from a few weeks ago I'm doing the exact same thing for our windows. The labor is not hard, just a pain in the buttousky. Some of our windows are surrounded by brick and some of them are surrounded by siding so the installation is a bit different for each. Today I did 3 siding and 2 brick windows. I yelled at Melissa for letting me wait until temperatures got into the 90s before I started this project. We've lived here since January and I waited till now? sheesh...
-R
New Normal
7 years ago

13 comments:
You only have 16 windows?
We have 17 windows worth of panels to put up (I said it right in the body of the post!) Some of those windows are doubles so if you count them all individually we have 19 windows. I guess my basic math skills are slipping in my old age. :)
-R
wow I can't barely keep up with all this new content!! Good job!
Somehow installing that hardware doesn't sound like a quiet activity while Melissa is sleeping?
Indeed, it's not a quiet activity....However, he didn't get started until noon, which is close to the time I am starting to stir. I then took a nap with Luke in the afternoon also. I was well rested.
-M
I hope you never have to test those shutters!
I hope the same! Hurricanes stay away! Rob, however, thinks that a hurricane evacuation is some sort of vacation. He's got issues! :)
What I said was that I wished a hurricane would threaten us and make us evacuate but then miss us again so we could have a vacation. Big difference from wishing a hurricane would hit us! hehehe
Sort of like wishing to be sick enough to stay home from school but not feel real bad???
Exactly!
I thought evacuations were vacations too.
Holy crap! Jon's not dead! We were sure you were kidnapped by drug dealers.
Only difference is that 10 million people are effected by you being "sick". Here's to perfect attendance (no hurricanes and no threats of hurricanes)!
Post a Comment