Sunday, September 14, 2008

Securing the homestead

This morning, (4:30am!) I packed up the Durango with as much stuff as I could including Sydney, Millie and Cosmo and headed home to check things out and get the house ready for Melissa and the boys to come home in a day or so. I had to stop by our friends, Alicia and Chris' house in NW Houston to pick up our new Champion generator (bought just prior to Edourard) which we left there on our way out of town. Our house and most of our friend's houses where spared major damage, however we're all still without commercial power. Right now at 8:32pm I'm sitting here with our kitchen fridge cooling nicely while I watch the local broadcast news on TV while charging my Iphone that I'm blogging with while drinking a cool drink by the cool air of a small fan all powered by the new generator. Tonight a cool front has followed Ike into town so sleeping should actually be nice. I'll post more tomorrow, have a good night.

1 comment:

. said...

pics??