Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Durango 94000 mile service

Being a '98 model, 94K miles isn't really that many miles compared to a lot of other cars. It's right about average actually. Since we're going to be doing a lot of towing of the camper in the near term I figured it is about time to start doing some needed maintenance. The shocks and brakes are pretty worn out. (ok, so very worn out is a better way to word it). So last night Luke and I stopped by O'reilly's and picked up the parts to do a full 4 wheel brake job (including new front rotors) and ordered the shocks. I decided to go with Rancho RS5000 model shocks for a good mix of off and on road performance. Melissa assures me that my schedule is cleared on Saturday for a Durango work day. Anybody want to help???

21 comments:

Joshua said...

Dude, what's up with posting at work? This contest will have to have rules, such as posts during work hours do not count since flight controllers have to work hard all day! ;)

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

Ohhhh I see. If I can't post at work, you can't comment at work! hehehe :)

Joshua said...

Comments are not the same as posts. See section 2 part B of posting war contest offical rule book.

. said...

What do you win??

. said...

What does the winner receive?

PS- glad to see our tax dollars hard at work!

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

I'm not sure that the prize has been decided yet. Todd?

Anonymous said...

Вы населяете шальны. Получите, что работать.

Todd said...

not sure...any ideas?

Joshua said...

I think you win for the most comments on a post that talk about everything but the post.

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

Seriously, you're right, Josh. I was hoping for some people to talk about my upgrades...

. said...

hahaha- thread jacked !!!!

. said...

What about a tranny cooler for towing?

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

You know, I was contemplating a cooler of some sort. I was maybe thinking of an engine oil cooler b/c of the hot summers down here. Pulling the camper and running the A/C could be tough. I'm definitly going to an electric fan as well.

Anonymous said...

I'd recommend getting some neon lights. That would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

22's with spinners yo! show some bling

Joshua said...

For shizzle!

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

alright, one more comment like that and the moderator is going to start moderating!

Joshua said...

What is your target mileage for the Durango before you retire it?

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

Umm, I don't really have a mileage number in mind. Probably more of a time frame. It needs to last us in the ball park of 5 more years.

Joshua said...

5 more years, cool. That'll be ~ 60K more miles (based on average useage), depending on how adventurous your camping adventures are?

. said...

And some of those miles are no doubt to be hard miles, especially the ones through the woods in back of your house! LMAO

word! - Andrew