Friday, February 03, 2006

Durango upgrade update

Well, it looks like we might have to delay Durango Upgrade day '06 due to some incompetence at the auto part store. When stopped by to pick up the shocks I had ordered they only had the 2 rear shocks in hand. Turns out they, for some unknown reason, had not ordered the fronts. Soooo I leave the store and go to a local off road shop called, The Shop, Off-road in League City. Bill, the manager was very knowlegable and nice to work with. We discover while looking up the part number for the shocks that Rancho doesn't make a RS5000 shock for the front end of '98 Durangos! Ug! the goofy auto-parts store didn't have a clue about that. To make a long story short I ended up ordering 4 Rancho RSX model shocks. These one are one step up in quality and a small step up in price. I'm not really upset about the price increase as I am about the delay in time. It certainly pays to do one more layer of research than you think you need to.

2 comments:

Joshua said...

That blows. Where did you go the first time around? Oreilys? Autozone?

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

95% of the time I shop at O'reillys. The are always a lot nicer to me an seem to have a much better selection. This is the first time they let me down! I'll give most places at least once chance to make it up to me. I hope they don't blow it again.